So what are the famed health benefits of Aloe Vera Juice that we are hearing about these days? Is it all it's cracked up to be?
We have done our homework and found out the good news. . . .
1. Vitamins. AV juice is definitely full of Vitamins, including all the B Vitamins, folic acid, Vitamin C and Vitamin E which is great for the skin. (Don't take it if you are pregnant, however, as it contains a chemical which is though could induce contractions).
2. Minerals. AV contains nearly all the minerals we need, including calcium, magnesium, iron and zinc.
3. Anti-oxidants. These help the body to fight the effects of toxins, pollution and other nasties that we encounter every day in our environment.
4. Anti-Wrinkles! Research has shown that taking AV orally actually does reduce wrinkles and improve the elasticity of the skin. So Cleopatra knew what she was doing all those years ago in Ancient Egypt. Find out more about this research here.
6. Laxative. Actually, you're not going to achieve much laxative effect from Aloe Vera juice because regulations only allow 10 parts per million of the anthroquinones, contained in the yellow latex layer of the leaf, which have this effect on the digestive system. You can read more about Aloe Vera for Constipation relief here.
7. Blood Sugar Control. Research is currently being carried out on AV juice for controlling diabetes. At present, if you do have diabetes, be very careful with AV juice if you are on other blood sugar lowering drugs. Consult your doctor before trying it, and monitor your BS levels closely.
Warnings about the Benefits of Aloe Vera Drink – The Other Side of the Story
Don't cancel out the health benefits of Aloe Vera Juice with the dreaded SUGAR!!
Also, watch out for added sugars in many Aloe Vera drinks. Lots of the
ones sold in Asian supermarkets, for example, are full of sugar and
probably don't contain very much of the health giving gel. If you
haven't heard yet, sugar is now thought to be almost as toxic as
cigarettes (according to Dr Robert Lustig, author of Sweet Revenge and
the founder of the anti-sugar movement).
So, if you want to try
it, find a good quality organic filtered juice made from the inner leaf
gel, and which shows the IASC Seal on the bottle.
How to avoid the side effects of Aloe Vera Juice
Let us help you to avoid the side effects of Aloe Vera Juice, so that you can enjoy this wonderful drink and reap the health benefits it can give you.